Thursday, April 17, 2014

Work Poetry - The Windex Bottle

So, I'm feeling silly today and I'm going to share these poems. I wrote them at one of my jobs; there was often downtime between calls and we had to clean our desks every night with Windex. I wrote every one of these on our dry erase board in the office.

***

The Windex Bottle
so much depends
upon
a clear Windex
bottle
filled with blue
solution
beside the paper
towels

Again With The Windex
you sit there
with your streak free shine
you are not better
than me
you are blue and sterile
I am blue and alive

Oh, Windex Of My Dreams
32 ounce value pack
original with Ammonia-D
oh, Windex of my dreams
will you clean
my desk?

Don't Jump
Mr Windex-so
blue
don't jump
off the ledge
you clean
very well

Farewell
oh, Windex
you grow short
but you will always clean
my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment