Thursday, June 22, 2017

My Concept for an Impractical Jokers Game...

Hello, Jokers!

I’m Melissa and I have an effing brilliant idea for an Impractical Jokers game. To say that I am obsessed with the idea is the equivalent of saying that the sun is hot; I cannot stop working on it until you guys tell me that it’s exceedingly idealistic, unrealistic, and IMPRACTICAL for me to spend any more time on it... And yes. I'm a fan of Oxford Commas... 

What I want to do is tell you more about myself so that you are impressed enough with my miniscule credentials to read further, buuuuuuuuut… We can get to know each other later because I know you’ll be, at the very least, entertained by my idea, but I assure you: This is a totally realistic endeavor and I can help you develop and produce this game. If you build it, people will play it. I want to play this game and I created it! Sooooooooo, without further ado…

An Officially Licensed Impractical Jokers Game:
Our Stuff Has Been TAKEN!
-Created by Melissa J. Corley
-Based on TruTv’s Impractical Jokers and comedic stylings of the comedy troupe, The Tenderloins

PREMISE: Someone has TAKEN all the Impractical Jokers’ stuff from the Vault and the Perp is holding it all for ransom, but there is a twist. Most of the Jokers’ stuff is scattered throughout the New York City area, but in order to receive clues, they must recruit an unsuspecting citizen to be the fifth Joker because the Perp wants to see how well they perform with a newbie in the group…

STORY: You are walking along a sidewalk in New York. Children’s laughter can be heard behind the trees in the park to your right and to your left, traffic is light and this part of the city is calm. A white, unmarked, windowless van enters your peripheral vision, slows down, and parks alongside the street several yards in front of you.

A middle-aged man with a fat belly and a spikey tuft of hair on the top of his head approaches you and introduces himself as Joe. He’s working on his Psychology thesis and asks if you would like to help him by taking a quick personality quiz.

*GAME NOTES: The personality quiz establishes your beginning Personality, Physical, and Mental Stat Points, your individual Skills points, and which of the Jokers’ Special Abilities you will be granted access to and can level up first.

After you finish the quiz, Joe thanks you and says: “Get in the van”.

Of course, you choose to get in the van, and inside you are faced by all four Jokers. The van starts to move and the Jokers explain why you were invited into the van.

You’re the first person to pass a test they created that was hidden in Joe’s personality quiz making you the best candidate to help them with a “little” problem. Someone broke into the Vault and stole all their stuff! They need your help to help find everything, return it to the vault, and figure out who is responsible so they can be punished! The only catch is that to gain access to the Vault to investigate, you have to be a Joker and to become a Joker, you’ll have to participate in challenges and play games with the guys. Sal reminds you that even HE doesn’t have access to the Vault and he is an original Joker!

The van stops and you are at the Joker Clubhouse where you and the guys exit the van. They ask you if you are up for the challenge of being an official Joker. You say yes and you are taken inside the Joker Clubhouse. Inside the clubhouse, the guys explain the logistics of the game and how to interact within the game environment.

*SPOILERS: There is also a Secret Room in the Joker Clubhouse that will be revealed later in the game. More storage for Vault Items will become available after unlocking the Quinndustries Location.

After learning about the Joker Clubhouse and your Joker Phone, the guys suggest you start your journey as a Joker by investigating the theft of their stuff by individually interviewing all the guys. You agree and participate in the game “Beat Reporter”. You ask each of the guys several questions, all give you strangely reasonable answers, but you go with it. By completing the “challenge” you have found a Vault Item: Clip-On Balloons. You have also unlocked a new location: Way Fair Grocery, a new challenge: “Fly Me to the Balloon”, you have earned Joker Cash, Joker Chips, Experience, Stats, Skills, and Abilities, Points, AND you have also found a Murr Pinata and a Mystery Bag!

You are finally released in to the game environment, but before you can really explore, Q approaches you. He tells you that his friend Tony Gunk can support his alibi and you can find him hanging out at the Castle of White. Tony is a “Jack of All Trades” kind of guy and could be helpful during your investigation. If you tell him that his services are required by Quinndustries, he’ll know that Q sent you.

You are now free to choose your next action, but you’re only option is to complete your first Joker Vs Joker challenge at Way Fair Grocery by playing “Fly Me to the Balloon”…

That’s all you get of the main idea, but to further whet your whistles…

CHALLENGES:
FLY ME TO THE BALLOON
STOCK BOY SHOOT OUT
NOW YOU SEE ME
OFF THE HOOK
NAME GAME

MINI GAMES:
HAVE YOU SEEN MY WIFE? – it’s like “Where’s Waldo”
WHACK-A-MURR
SIC TRICKS
CHAIR COMMANDER

LOCATIONS:
New York: Joker Clubhouse, Way Fair Grocery, City Park, Castle of White, a Mall, Mara Sol Corporation, Quinndustries, a Beach, TESD Comics, a Ski Lodge, Statue of Murrliberty, Sal’s House, Joe’s House, Murr’s Apartment; Special Mission: Turn the Beef Gristle Mill into a Senior Citizen Park

Other Locations: Texas, Florida, Cruise Ship (docked in Florida), T.H.E.M.E Park (Florida), New Orleans... Hawaii???

I have an extensive list of Vault Items AND I have nine Word documents dedicated to this game…

So, I think I’ve come up with something really great and I hope you guys think so too. This game would take a couple of years to develop, but with your resources, we can start small, conduct some ACTUAL focus groups, and update later to keep people interested and playing consistently.

I have my own creative work to focus on, but this is what my intuition and inspiration are screaming at me to do. I am plagued by Writer’s Block in regards to what I want to do with my own writing and the fact that I am feeling this compelled to work on this game… It’s significant. VERY significant...

I can’t, I won’t, and I don’t stop working on it until one of you contacts me to say “Yeah… Um… You’re nuts, this will never happen, give up, don’t waste anymore of your time working on it; thanks for being such a dedicated fan, but no… We are sooo not interested in anything of this nature”.

I follow all of you on Twitter and if you follow me back and send a direct message, I will give you my private contact info, IF you want it... And you can unfollow me after, I really don’t care about followers on Twitter, but I DO have some impressive followers, one of whom is from Staten Island…And another who is an official "nerd" - You know him as "Booger"... ;)

Regardless: I love you guys. You should schedule a live show in Kansas City so I can actually attend one. My brother is taking me to see Trailer Park Boys in August and as much as I will LOVE it… Wish it was you guys!

All my love,

Melissa

My King of the Nerds Blogs for YRR & Otherwise  KOTN related... ( I get to talk to "Booger" in this video) 

More references available upon request. ;) :) 

1 comment: